Statement of Faith
I. Scripture is the final authority for faith and practice.
II. Salvation from sin is only through faith by believing in Jesus Christ as Savior.
III. Jesus Christ is risen and returning for His church.
IV. The church is a body (group) of believers who are baptized and united through commitment to carry out the church order as set forth in Scripture.
V. The church is to witness, teach and preach the Scriptures, revealing Jesus Christ as man’s only hope for Lagrange and the world.
The Essentials We Believe about…
1. God – God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe.
2. Jesus Christ – Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
3. The Holy Spirit – The Holy Spirit is coequal with the Father and the Son of God.
4. The Bible – The Bible is God’s Word to us.
5. Human Beings – People are made in the image of God. All men are sinners by nature and by choice and that sin separates people from God.
6. Salvation – Salvation is God’s free gift to us. His forgives our sin, but we must accept it by placing our faith in Jesus Christ.
7. Eternal Security – Salvation is secure for eternity. Salvation is maintained by the grace and power of God, not by the self effort of the Christian.
8. Eternity – People were created to exist forever. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin, or eternally with God through forgiveness and salvation.